BUILD SMART HOUSE VICTORIA
The award winning design for the Buildsmart Showhouse is Victoria’s first ‘zero heating’, 100% energy and water autonomous timber framed home.
The home, which is currently under construction, provides an ideal setting for the contemporary Australian lifestyle. As a timber framed home, the design is particularly suitable for sloping sites and with minor adjustment to the location of windows, it will be a ‘5 star’ home regardless of which way it faces.
Affordability was a key criteria in the design of the home, and it is expected that the cost of base model will be extremely cost competitive with similarly sized project homes.
The home has also been considered to be easily adapted into a pre-fab transportable home, which makes it ideal for remote sites.
Primary elements include:
- The use of ‘off the shelf’ sustainable materials and energy and water efficient systems and fittings.
- The use of solar energy to produce hot water and electricity.
- The ability to incorporate grey water recycling and composting toilet
- Winner – National Buildsmart Show House Design Competition
- Winner – HIA National Greensmart Award – Partnership of the Year